Sunday, January 15, 2012

Newton's Law of 2012

So there have been so many things I have wanted to blog about that I haven't even written one! So, here if the next installment.

Sir Issac Newton stated that 'every object in motion will stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force'. My motto that I am adopting for 2012 is the idea that a body in motion is likely to stay in motion. In a practical way, this means coming home from work and not plopping in front of a screen or laying down for a nap. It means coming home and working to accomplish one significant thing. Then, since I am already in motion, I am more likely to keep moving and not blob the night away.

I don't know if it will work, but it is an interesting concept. It will definitely take some conscious, intentional thought , especially during the winter months.

So far it has seemed to work pretty well (at least for the last couple of weeks). I am more likely to get things done, get up when I am sitting, and feel better about things (the house looking better, being more active, etc.). I will also be starting the Insanity program this week. While I already know that it will be hard to incorporate exercise daily (like Wednesdays: work 9-5, class 6-9), I still want to try it out. I have officially gained 15 pounds since our wedding and definitely some body definition, so I want to try to get back to where I was or better. For me, for Sal, and for the potential health issues it may cause down the road.

I suppose that's all for now. January month of prayer is going really well. I have already seen God working in a number of ways: Increased communication between Sal and I, getting Sal and I more involved in our church, and an increased desire to seek out other thoughtful Christians. I have also felt God tugging me to get more involved in my prayer times. More exposed, more genuine, and to treat the time as almost sacred. Very exciting stuff. I am also already plotting my ideas for February's focus of incorporating God's word more into my daily life. Very excited about that, too.

More soon.

- Erica

"Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. 'Come now, let us reason together,' says the LORD" Isaiah 1:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment