Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wedding Day

Anyone who has gotten married, or even witnessed someone else close to them get married, know it is a lot of work to plan a wedding. Thanks to some timley wisdom from an unexpected source, it worked out that my husband and i had a year and a half to plan our wedding and prepare for our marriage, which was truly a blessing.

I remember throughout the process with picking a date, locations, the dress, invitations, etc. I remember the one prayer I repeated almost every day through that year and a half. I prayed that our wedding would glorify God. And? God answered that prayer. Our wedding ceremony was devoted to God, his principles of unity and role within the marriage relationship and how we wanted everyone there to know God. Even our wedding reception was God-focused, specifically our first dance song: God with us by Mercyme. I remember my husband whispering in my ear during the dance, reminding me of the words that our friends and family were hearing, the message we sent. "all that is within me cries, that You alone be glorified. Emmannuel, God with us.". Beautiful.

I decided to share because the thought brought me to tears the other night. As the bride, it feels like all eyes are on you on your wedding day. And while all eyes were on me, I was pointing to God. Sal was there, pointing to God with me. So awesome. Such a blessing.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment