Monday, November 8, 2010

Well, I Never Thought of it That Way...

Well, I'm convicted. Here I am blurting out the musings of my mind without putting two thoughts together. At Bible Study tonight we talked about spiritual gifts, one of which is teaching. The speaker talked a little about how we live in an age of instant publishing, that we can go on the internet and type whatever we want. We don't have editors or a filter for what we are writing. And through teaching, we can lead many astray from our human mistakes and understanding.

While in most cases I think that sharing not-totally-formed ideas is okay, I am claiming to be a Christian here, and under that label I need to be conscious of what I am writing and essentially "teaching" through this blog. No, this doesn't mean I will stop writing. And no, my thoughts don't necessarily have to be well formulated to make it onto my blog. I just need to check myself and make sure that what I'm sharing, as a Christian, lines up with God's truths. I don't want to be sending anyone in the wrong direction, nor do I want to help people build up that stone wall they have set up against Christianity, either.

Just got a little nudge from God today I thought I would share. More blogging to come!


- Erica

"Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. 'Come now, let us reason together,' says the LORD" Isaiah 1:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment